Indianapolis Colts Logos History

In its second year of All America Football Conference, the franchise assigned to the Miami Seahawks was relocated to city of Baltimore, which after a fan contest was renamed the Baltimore Colts and used the team colors of silver and green. In 1950, the Colts joined the NFL but was disbanded after their first year.

In 1953, Baltimore won the rights to a new NFL franchise and became of the current version of the Colts. In 1984, team owner Robert Irsay moved the team to Indianapolis as a result of the poor performance on the field and the stadium issues.

Team Logos

Pro Football Reference

Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts Franchise Encyclopedia

Official Sites

Team website
Facebook
Instagram